|Home | Ordering | Contact Us | Heaters | Controls | Accessories | Search|
Chromalox SRM/E Self-Regulating Medium Temperature Heating Cable
Links to other products:
Chromalox SRL Self-Regulating Low Temperature Heating Cable
Chromalox SRF-RG Roof and Gutter Heating Cable
Chromalox Mineral Insulated Heating Cable
Mor Electric Heating is an authorized distributor for Chromalox®
A. Twin 14 AWG Copper Buss Wires — Provide reliable electrical current capability.
B. Semiconductive Polymer Core Matrix — “Self-Regulating” component of the cable, its electrical resistance varies with temperature. As process temperature drops, the core’s heat output increases; as process temperature rises, the heat output decreases.
C. High Temperature Fluoropolymer Jacket — Flame retardant, electrically insulates the matrix and provides corrosion
D. Metallic Braid — Provides additional mechanical protection in any environment and a positive ground path.
E. High Temperature Fluoropolymer Overjacket (optional) — Corrosion resistant, flame retardant overjacket is highly effective in hostile, aqueous and chemically active environments. It also protects against abrasion and impact damage.
Cut to Length in Field
Can be Single Overlapped
Self Regulating Output
• Self-Regulating, Energy Efficient
• 14 AWG Buss Wire
• Circuit Lengths to 780 Feet
• Process Temperature Maintenance to 302°F (150°C)
• Maximum Continuous Exposure Temperature, Power Off, 420°F (215°C)
• Industrial Process Maintenance Applications
• Industrial Freeze Protection Applications
• Steam Cleanable on Process Equipment Up to 300 PSIG
• 3, 5, 8, 10, 15 and 20 W/Ft.
• 120 and 208 - 277 Volt From Stock
Chromalox SRM/E self-regulating heating cable provides safe, reliable heat tracing for process temperature maintenance and freeze protection of pipes, valves, tanks and similar applications. Constructed of industrial grade 14 AWG buss wire with metal braid and optional overjacketing, SRM/E ensures operating integrity in most hostile industrial environments. The 420°F (215°C) maximum exposure temperature rating allows steam cleaning of process equipment with up to 300 psig steam.
• Industrial Grade, 14 gauge buss wire has higher current capacity, allowing longer circuit lengths up to 780 feet.
• Superior matrix to buss wire bonding ensures overall operating integrity and performance.
• High output, 20 W/Ft. heating cable.
• All ratings are available from stock.
• Energy efficient, self-regulating SRM/E uses less energy when less heat is required.
• Easy to install, SRM/E can be cut to any length (up to max. circuit length) in the field.
• Field splices can be performed easily in minutes with no scrap or wasted cold sections.
• With lower installed cost than steam tracing, SRM/E features less maintenance expense and downtime.
• SRM/E can be single overlapped without burnout, which simplifies heat tracing of inline process equipment such as valves, elbows and pumps.
• Because SRM/E is self-regulating, overtemperature conditions are minimized.
• Chromalox termination, splice, tee and end seal kits reduce installation time.
Factory Mutual (FM) Approved for ordinary areas. UL Listed, CSA Certified for ordinary areas. FM Approved for hazardous (classified) areas when used with DL accessories:
• Class I, Div. 2, Groups B, C, D (gases, vapors)
• Class II, Div. 2, Groups F, G (combustible dust)
• Class III, Div. 2 (easily ignitable fibers and filings)
• 3, 5 and 8 Watt Rated T3 Temperature Class
• 8, 10, 15 and 20 Watt Rated T2D Temperature Class CSA Certified for hazardous (classified) areas when used with DL accessories:
• Class I, Div. 2, Groups A, B, C, D
• Class II, Div. 2, Groups F, G
• Rated T31 Temperature Class.
Note 1 Exception — Cable Surface Temperature shall not exceed 190°C in Class II, Div. 2, Group F; 165°C in Class II, Div. 2, Group G.
Note 1 — Thermal output is determined per IEEE 515-1997 Standard for testing, design installation, and maintenance of electrical resistance heat tracing section 4.1.11 Method C.
Note: The SRM/E cable is sold by the foot and therefore a custom order. Once the order is placed it cannot be cancelled or returned once you receive the cable. This is because the cable is cut to length here, or at Chromalox, for your order, from your requested length.
Fiberglass cloth tape roll with thermosetting silicone adhesive. 3/4" (1.9 cm) wide x 108 ft. (32.91 m) long roll. Flame retardant glass cloth tape. Tape will not shrink or break. It will withstand temperatures up to 500°F (260°C). Part#: SM431
Aluminum tape roll with a pressure-sensitive acrylic adhesive backing. 2" (5.08 cm) wide x 150 ft. (54.86 m) long roll, 200° F (93°C) rated. 2 mil. thickness (Specifications may vary.) Minimum application temperatures 40°F (5°C). Part #: AT-1
CL-1 Caution Labels - 5 electric heat tracing caution labels, weather resistant
RTES High Temperature End Seal Fitting Kit
RT-RCC-1 Plastic and Metal Cable Connectors
RTAS Ambient air sensing thermostat
RTBC Line sensing mechanical thermostat
|Power Connection||Heat trace to electrical service connection||RTPC||RT-JBC-1|
|Splice & Tee||RTST||RT-RST|
|Thermostat||Ambient air sensing thermostat||B-100/B-121|
|Thermostat||Line sensing mechanical thermostat||E-100/E-121|
|Thermostat||Line sensing electronic thermostat||RTSS||N/A|
|Wrap-On Pipe Insulation. Fiberglass Pipe Insulation available in 1/2-inch and 1-inch thick rolls of high tensile strength fiberglass and is ideal for insulating pipe heating cables and hot or cold water pipes. It reduces heat loss from hot water pipes.|
Chromalox SRM/E Installation Instructions
|You must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader plug-in.|
|Item ID||Catalog No.||
Click "Select" below to see our price and actual real-time quantity in stock
|WITH TINNED COPPER BRAID|
|CHROM388025||SRM/E 3-1C 3W/FT 120V|
|CHROM385490||SRM/E 3-2C 3W/FT 240V|
|CHROM388084||SRM/E 5-1C 5W/FT 120V|
|CHROM388113||SRM/E 5-2C 5W/FT 240V|
|CHROM388148||SRM/E 8-1C 8W/FT 120V|
|CHROM388172||SRM/E 8-2C 8W/FT 240V|
|CHROM388201||SRM/E 10-1C 10W/FT 120V|
|CHROM388236||SRM/E 10-2C 10W/FT 240V|
|CHROM388260||SRM/E 15-1C 15W/FT 120V|
|CHROM388308||SRM/E 15-2C 15W/FT 240V|
|CHROM388332||SRM/E 20-1C 20W/FT 120V|
|CHROM388367||SRM/E 20-2C 20W/FT 240V|
|WITH TINNED COPPER BRAID AND FLUOROPOLYMER OVERCOAT|
|CHROM385561||SRM/E 3-1CT 3W/FT 120V|
|CHROM385570||SRM/E 3-2CT 3W/FT 240V|
|CHROM388092||SRM/E 5-1CT 5W/FT 120V|
|CHROM388121||SRM/E 5-2CT 5W/FT 240V|
|CHROM388156||SRM/E 8-1CT 8W/FT 120V|
|CHROM388180||SRM/E 8-2CT 8W/FT 240V|
|CHROM388210||SRM/E 10-1CT 10W/FT 120V|
|CHROM388244||SRM/E 10-2CT 10W/FT 240V|
|CHROM388279||SRM/E 15-1CT 15W/FT 120V|
|CHROM388316||SRM/E 15-2CT 15W/FT 240V|
|CHROM388340||SRM/E 20-1CT 20W/FT 120V|
|CHROM388375||SRM/E 20-2CT 20W/FT 240V|
|CHROM389570||RTES High Temperature End Seal Fitting For Terminating Cable|
|CHROM389600||RTBC Line Sensing Mechanical Thermostat (0 to 400°F Setpoint Range)|
|CHROM389589||RTAS Ambient Air Sensing Thermostat (0 to 225°F Setpoint Range)|
|CHROM382424||CL-1 Caution Labels (5 Labels Per Package)|
|TAPE10004||SM431 3/4" Fiberglass Cloth Tape, 3/4" x 36 yds|
|CHROM383355||AT-1 Aluminum Tape, 2" Wide x 150 ft Long|
|ETI22744||ETI SST-2 Freeze Protection Thermostat|
16503 Standard 3-inch Wide Fiberglass
16506 Jumbo 6-inch Wide Fiberglass
16509 Vinyl-Backed 3-inch Wide Fiberglass
16525 Pipe-Guard 3-inch Wide Fiberglass
Chromalox® is a registered trademark.
We are a Distributor of Industrial, Commercial and Residential Heaters and Controls. Always consult manufacturers installation instructions for proper installation of the products or systems shown on this website. © Copyright 1999-2015 Mor Electric Heating Assoc., Inc.
ELECTRIC HEATING ASSOC., INC.