|Home | Ordering | Contact Us | Heaters | Controls | Accessories | Search|
Chromalox SLDH Flexible Silicone Rubber Insulated Drum Heaters
Mor Electric Heating is an authorized distributor for Chromalox®
Silicone Rubber Insulated Drum Heater
• Stock Products
• For 5, 15, 30 and 55 Gallon Metal and Non-Metal Drums
• Adjustable Thermostats
• Chemical and Moisture Resistant
• Rugged and Flexible
• Easy to Store
• Internally Grounded Standard
Silicone Rubber Insulated Drum Heaters are constructed of silicone rubber reinforced Fiberglas® cloth laminated around resistance wire to provide flexible, moisture and chemical resistant heat. Drum heaters can withstand flexing without fear of premature failure. Stock drum heaters are shipped within 24 hours of receipt of your order.
•Low watt density electrical resistance heat.
• All stock 120V products come with a 6 foot power cord and three-prong plug. 240V heaters do not include a plug.
• Optional built-in adjustable thermostat, 70 - 425°F for steel drums or 70 - 140°F for plastic drums.
• All models come with a heavy-duty spring assembly for attachment to your drum.
• Complete, ready to install and use as received.
• All grounded models feature a wire-mesh screen for ground-fault protection. Should the heater surface be punctured or damaged in any way, the grounding grid will provide electrical protection.
• Girth extension straps are available from stock so you can use Chromalox heavy duty SLDH on non-standard size drums. They can also be used to adapt stock heaters to larger drums or other cylindrical containers similar in size. They will permit extending the length of the heater to fit sizes 1/2 - 10" larger in circumference. One strap is required per heater.
Not for heating flammable materials or for use in hazardous areas.
• Melting of Low Melting Point Solids such as Paraffin, Resins and Chocolate
• Viscosity Control of Fluids such as Paint, Syrups and Honey
• Maintenance of Materials for Roofing, Chimney and Vent Pipe Work
The SLDH heats the contents of the drum by convection. Heating will occur from the point where the heater is installed to the top of the drum. If the entire drum is to be heated, the SLDH should be installed as near to the bottom of the drum as possible. If only part of the material is to be heated, the drum heater should be installed around the center or top section of the drum. This will provide a faster heat-up and save energy. However, care must be given to ensure that the material level in the drum never falls below the location of the heater.
When a single heater is used, place the heater at the bottom of the drum to minimize stratification.
Chromalox® is a registered trademark.
We are a Distributor of Residential, Industrial and Commercial Heaters and Controls. Always consult manufacturers installation instructions for proper installation of the products or systems shown on this website. © Copyright 1999-2013 Mor Electric Heating Assoc., Inc.
ELECTRIC HEATING ASSOC., INC.