|Home | Ordering | Contact Us | Heaters | Controls | Accessories | Search|
Chromalox 1603E Digital 1/16 DIN Temperature Control with Configuration Port
Mor Electric Heating is an authorized distributor for Chromalox®
• Built-in Programming Port for Remote for OEM Fast Configuration
• Programming w/o Internal Hardware Switch
• SMART Self-Tuning with Fuzzy Logic
• Heat, Cool or Heat/Cool Control Capability
• Universal Inputs TC, RTD
• Soft Start Power Limiting on Power-Up
• 3-Year Warranty
• NEMA 4, IP65 Front Face
• Rubber production, polymerization and synthetic fiber plants
• Packaging and packing equipment
• Extrusion lines, coextrusion lines, plastic films and injection presses
• Fermentation equipment, reactors for chemical and pharmaceutical industries
• Food industries
• Environmental chambers and refrigeration
The fully field configurable Chromalox model 1603E 1/16 DIN controller combines advanced hardware design and sophisticated electronic control technology into a compact, reliable 1/16 DIN package. Easy to Install and Operate The 1603E plug-in design requires only panel cutout, instrument mounting, setpoint adjustment to set up. Additional parameters are programmed via the front pushbuttons via the Configuration Port.
Each 1603E has a Configuration Port for remote set up of the controller. This feature allows the 1603E to be programmed from a PC without any connections for power.
Special Control Features
• Heat/Cool Control Features Selection of Cooling Medium and Overlap
• Soft Start-Timed Output Power Limit on Start-Up. Allows a “warm up period” to protect the process and avoid thermal shock on start up
• Control Output “Turn Off” Via Pushbuttons if used during setup or controller becomes a monitor
• Programmable offset of Process Temperature
The model 1603E meets the application needs of operators with or without skills in temperature processes and PID control.
SMART self-tuning automatically adjusts the controller to rapidly respond to all process changes. Sophisticated control features include:
• Start-up and continuous in-process tuning
• Continuous self-tuning without artificial upset
• Proven maximum suppression of overshoot
|During Start-Up the SMART self-tuning function calculates
the control parameters to optimize the rise to
During Process SMART updates the control parameters as needed to respond to setpoint changes or a log change.
Front protection: IP 65 and NEMA 4X for indoor locations (when panel gasket is installed)
Dimensions: 1.9” (48mm) x 1.9” (48mm) x 4.13” (105mm) (DIN 43700)
Power supply: -100V to 240V AC 50/60Hz (-15% to + 10% of the nominal value);
-24V AC/DC (+_10% of the nominal value)
Accuracy: +_ 0.3% f.s.v. +_1 digit @ 25˚C ambient
Common mode rejection ratio: 120 dB at 50/60Hz
Normal mode rejection ratio: 60 dB at 50/60Hz
Electromagnetic compatibility: CE directives 89/336/EEC, EN-50081-2 and EN-50082-2
and safety requirements directives 73/23/EEC and 93/68/EEC EN61010-1
Cold junction compensation error: 0.1 ˚C/˚C change in ambient
Temperature: from 0 to 50 ˚C
Storage temperature: from -20 to +85 ˚C
Humidity: from 20% to 85% RH, non condensing
Burn out: upscale on open input circuit detection (wires or sensor)
Cold junction: automatic compensation from 0 and 50 ˚C ambient
Cold junction compensation error: 0.1 ˚C/˚C change in ambient
Type: 100 Ω RTD, 3 wire
STANDARD RANGES TABLE:
Algorithm: PID + SMART
Types: - one control output (heating)
- two control outputs (heating and cooling)
Output types: relay or SSR
Proportional band: from 1.0% (heating) or 1.5% (heating and cooling) to 100% of the input span
Hysteresis (dead band): (in On/Off control): from 0.1% to 10.0% of the input span
Integral time: from 1 second to 20 minutes
Derivative time: from 0 to 10 minutes
Integral preload: - one control output, from 0 to 100% of the output range
- two control outputs, from -100% to 100% of the output range
Heating cycle time: from 1 to 200 seconds
Cooling cycle time: from 1 to 200 seconds
Relative cooling gain: from 0.20 to 1.00
Overlap/dead band: from - 20% to 50% of PB
Output 1 and 2
Output 1 - Relay Relay: SPDT 3A @ 250VAC on resistive load
Output 1 - SSR Drive Type: nonisolated
14VDC @ 20mA max. 24VDC @ 1mA
Output 2 - Relay Relay: SPST 2A @ 250VAC on resistive load
Action: direct or reverse (normally de-energized or normally energized)
Alarm function: field selectable
Process - High or Low, input range
Band Alarm - inside or outside, 0-500 units
Deviation Alarm - High or Low, -199 to 500 units
Reset: Automatic or Manual, Non-Latching or Latching
Inhibit: Enable or Disable, Inhibits on Power Up and Set Point changes
Hysteresis: 0.1 to 10.0% of input span
Configuration Port & Kit
The 1603E can be connected to the remote Configuration Kit, CNFG-10000. This method of configuration is ideal for OEM’s for quick setup and for resellers to easily program a controller for the specific needs of a customer.
Setup is simple:
1. Remove the 1603E from the shipping box or from the case.
2. Snap the push pin connector into the side of the 1603E.
3. Connect the 9 pin connector to the PC’s RS232 port.
4. Connect the Power Supply.
5. Download the setup.
The controller doesn’t need power. WIRING is Not
required. The configuration software can download all the parameter. Special
setups can be saved for future downloads.
The Configuration Kit CNFG-10000 consists of the following:
• Configuration Software Windows Based CDROM
• Hardware Connection Assembly
• Power Supply with Standard Wall Plug
The Hardware Connection Assembly has a 9 Pin RS232 connector for hook up to a PC COM Port, a specially designed connector for connection to the 1603E Configuration Port and a connection for the power supply.
Complete the model number using the matrix provided.
All Dimensions in Inches (mm)
|You must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader plug-in.|
|Item ID||PCN#||Catalog# / Description||Click "Select" below to see our price and actual real-time quantity in stock|
1603E-11030 / 2 DPLY 2 RELAY
1603E-61030 / 2 DPLY., SSR DR.,RL
|The following typically ships in 5-7 working days or less plus allow additional time for your selected UPS or FedEx shipping method.|
|CHROM305955||305955||1603E-61130 / 2 DPLY.,SSR DR.,2 RL|
1603E-11050 / 24V,2 DPLY.,2RLY
1603E-61050 / 24V,2 DP,SSR DR,RL
|CHROM317614||317614||CNFG-10000 / CONFIGURATION KIT|
Chromalox® is a registered trademark.
We are a Distributor of Industrial, Commercial and Residential Heaters and Controls. Always consult manufacturers installation instructions for proper installation of the products or systems shown on this website. © Copyright 1999-2015 Mor Electric Heating Assoc., Inc.
ELECTRIC HEATING ASSOC., INC.